A. FCI’s patent pending service offers much more than existing call centers. The difference between FCI and most existing call centers is the level of information gathered from and given to each insured. Most call centers take and give only the basic information such as the adjuster’s name, claim number and contact information. This method meets the state mandated requirements for initial contact after the loss but does little to provide the insured a sense of being taken care of by their Insurance Company. However, our research and experience as field adjusters has shown that few, if any, go into the depth that we do to gather, validate and then organize all the pertinent information needed by the field adjuster to close claims better, quicker and accurately.
Q. You say you provide a higher level of Customer Service. How exactly do you do that?
A. Our customer care operators are trained to give the insured the sense that they are the most important customer and their needs come first.
• During our initial contact, our customer care operators spend an average of 20 minutes per call gathering and giving information that will help the insured become better prepared for when their adjuster inspects.
• If an adjuster has not been assigned yet during the initial contact with the insured, the FCI service sends the adjuster's name and contact information to the insured via email or automated dialer.
• FCI strives to go a step further to make sure that the insured feels the customer service they are receiving from their Insurance Company is better than anything they could have ever expected. This effectively retains the customer with the Insurance Company, and spreads by word of mouth quickly, possibly resulting in recruiting new customers for the Insurance Company.
Q. You mention increased Adjuster efficiency in the field. Why would an adjuster be more efficient when using your service?
A. Once our customer service representatives speak to the insured, gather and verify all of the pertinent information, the adjuster has access to the information immediately through the FCI service.
• If we find during our interview that the insured has sustained major damage due to the storm, that claim is "triaged" so the adjuster knows to schedule more time with that insured and initiate the inspection quickly. This way each adjuster can schedule more efficiently and not get caught with too little time in-between inspections.
• FCI’s GIS mapping technologies also identifies which insureds are in close proximity to each other so that the adjuster can easily schedule their daily inspections within one or two miles of each other. This means more inspections can be completed in a far superior manner with less useless travel time.
• With FCI, the possibility of losing or forgetting information is nearly eliminated. All of the necessary information to expedite closing the claim is already in the file prior to the site inspection.
• Whether the adjuster is new to the business, or a seasoned professional, it does not matter. All adjusters benefit. Our service is particularly useful to new adjusters who frequently forget to gather all the pertinent information required to close claims correctly.
Q. Your video says you can provide your service without adding to our bottom line. How is that possible?
A. As former and current field adjusters, the founders of FCI believe adjusters will receive the greatest benefits of our service. A small adjustment in the fee schedule will pay for the entire FCI service and can actually lower the Insurance Companies overall loss adjustment expenses.
• Using FCI, by alleviating the initial contact responsibilities on just 100 claims, an adjuster will be in the field sooner and close those 100 claims in a shorter amount of time. This also allows the adjusters to take on more claims than they previously could before using FCI. Even with the compensatory fee schedule adjustment, increased adjuster efficiency will lead to even greater adjuster profits, and will provide the Insurance Company with much more efficiency and excellent results.
• By allowing FCI to act as the Insurance Companies 'CAT' call center, there is no longer a need to add staff to in-house or out-sourced call centers. The FCI customer care service provides a complete solution from the time the claim is filed to the adjuster's inspection.
• Less calls to the agents and home office from insured customers will reduce the need for additional staffing during any storm event.